CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Surgery Update

Today was the day that my cousin Tracy had surgery to remove her breasts after finding a cancerous lump. Tracy and I are born in the exact same month, in the exact same year and its still hard to believe that at 34 she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
My aunt called and let me know that the surgery took 4 hours and she is recovering fine. She was emotionally ready for the surgery and for the difficult road ahead.

She has quite the fight ahead of her but I know that she will do just fine with all the support she has from her two wonderful kids and her friends and family. Her older sister is also a breast cancer survivor and another strong woman that I look up to and I am sure she will be a pillar of strength for her sister.
Life is so precious and its at moments like these that I sit back and think about all I have in my life to be grateful for. I have an amazing family, amazing friends and the most wonderful husband and two kids that anyone could ask for!

My cousin Tracy is ready for the fight of her life and I promise to be there to support her in any way that I can.

Hugs to you and your amazing families!

Love T.

No comments:

Post a Comment